Monday, October 22, 2012

Graveyards

Back at work tonight working the Graveyard shift or as they call it down here "Mid Rats". I really don't like to call myself a "Rat" let alone a "Mid Rat" so I'm just going to stick with Graveyards. I had my first drunk dialer tonight and I think it was one of the firemen. Yeah, that's a huge shocker! It helped to break some of the monotony.

Yesterday I went to the Crary Science Lab and took a tour. Quite an amazing place and there is a lot of science and research being conducted there. I got to hold a "Blast" rock from Mt. Erebus. It was a rock that got blasted out of the volcano. The rock was quite large but it was super light! And I got to hold a Sea Lice!! Here are some websites of the science going on down here:
http://penguinscience.com/index.php
www.cedarweb.hao.ucar.edu/
www.antarcticgeospace.org
http://cires.colorado.edu/science/groups/chu/projects/mcmurdo.html
www.wissard.org/
 And a webcam:   


Blast rock

Touching a starfish

Holding a Sea Lice!!


Specimens at Crary Lab


No comments:

Post a Comment