Happy 2013 from the bottom of the world! I had a super - amazing day yesterday celebrating New Years Eve! It started with brunch - egg white omelet with ham, onions, peppers and cheese. Then I spent some time at my favorite place - the coffee house. Went for a walk down to Hut Point to go inside Scott's Hut and that was quite amazing! Old cans of food, mummified seals and sheep used for food, tools and other items. Then I had to see if my penguin friend was still there (YES, I SAW A PENGUIN A FEW DAYS AGO!!!!) and he was there!! So I hung out and took some more pictures and by the time I got back to town, Ice Stock had begun. Ice Stock was our New Years Eve celebration. There was a chili cook - off (Amazing chili!) and 11 bands playing from 4:00 PM til 1:00 AM..oh and Skuas!! They were having a great time swooping over the crowd and pooping on people! They did this every 30 minutes or so! No I didn't get hit! I had a lot of fun with my friends here at the Bottom of the World but have been thinking about all my friends and family back home too! I will be home pretty soon and can't wait!!
Happy New Year! Here's to a Happy and Healthy 2013!! As the Kiwi's say, "Cheers"!!
 |
| Inside the Coffee House |
 |
| My Adelie Penguin Friend |
 |
| Ice Stock, McMurdo Station, Antarctica |
No comments:
Post a Comment