Saturday, December 13, 2014

McMurdo Life/Christmas

Good Sunday Morning From McMurdo! It's been awhile since my last post and that is only because not much has changed down here. We are getting ready for Christmas and then the New Year's celebration called Ice Stock. The telephone poles have been decorated with different Christmas items such as the Grinch, stockings and ornaments. There are no festive Christmas lights as you wouldn't be able to see them as it is daylight 24 hours a day this time of year. I have some Christmas decorations up in my room. I have a Nativity scene, a candy cane and a wreath in my room and 2 silver snowflakes on my door. I have sent in some pictures to the VMF (Vehicle Maintenance Facility) so they can include them in their slideshow for their Christmas party on December 24th. They have asked all of us to send them pictures to help the party be more festive and homey for us here. They will have food and punch and I guess there will be carolling! I didn't get to go to the party last time I was here because I was working but I will get to attend this year. I am looking forward to it! Below are the pictures I sent to them. I included one of Alien because as many of you know, we had to put her down last week. It was and still is very sad for me. I miss her terribly.


Holiday Decorations Around McMurdo-the Fire Station is in the Background.



The Grinch


My Alien - This is a picture I sent to the VMF for the party.


And I sent this one of my Grandma and me.


And this one of Laurie, Brooke and I at a Coyotes game.

No comments:

Post a Comment