I left McMurdo and Antarctica today. I'm feeling so happy about going home but I'm also sad that I am leaving some wonderful and amazing friends. I gave my hiking boots to my friend and co-worker Tori. Those boots have literally been all over the world. They served me well and I know L2 was overjoyed that I gave them away( she hates those boots!). I'm just happy that a good friend will use them in Antarctica over the winter. I'm going to miss a lot of people I've met down there but in addition to Tori ( who came in early for the winter so I could get home sooner) I'm going to miss my other co-workers, Wes, Marsha and my boss Lori. All of them are good people and great friends.
I am writing this from the Sudima Hotel in Christchurch, New Zealand. I flew here in a LC-130 (the one with skis). It took 7 1/2 hours. I think I actually slept 3 of those hours! Tomorrow I leave here for Sydney then LA and finally home!
I will miss you, McMurdo. Thank you for the ride! Time for me to get home to my animals, my home and the people who love me there!
No comments:
Post a Comment