Monday, January 28, 2013

My Birthday on the Ice

I will never forget this birthday for as long as I live! It was so much fun! Where do I begin? It started on Sunday evening. My old roommate, Rachel told me I had a package at the Firehouse. Well that's a pretty big deal since we haven't had mail is almost 2 months so I was pretty excited! I went over to the fire department to be surprised by all the guys! I was REALLY surprised! I remember one of the guys yelling, "Breathe, Breathe" cuz I was laughing so hard! What was I laughing at, you ask? I was laughing at my "package"....

My "Present"  Jeff Miller - Everything Was Weird Enough and Then There Was the Mask!


Oh wait, it gets better. He had a necklace on his leg as a "garter" and I was dared to take it off his leg with my teeth. I am not one to turn down a dare and I sure as hell was not going to let those guys get the best of me so, hell yeah, I took it off with my teeth...from his leg...in the firehouse!!



One of the firefighters, Natalie, had some cake mix so my current roommate, Sarah, baked a birthday cake in the kitchen and she decorated it.



Here's the bunch of them. They even came in on their day off to celebrate! They are good guys and they have been good to me all season!



All of us off duty went to the bar for Burger Bar. One of them bought me a burger and I drank the last Coke on Station! It was a great party and a great evening!

Then on my actual birthday I hiked out to Hut point and saw a really fat seal and a couple of nesting skuas. At 2300 I was able to catch a ride with one of the firehouse mechanics to Pegasus Airfield. I wanted to go out there because I've never been there and he had to work on a broken truck so he let me tag along and what did I see? A big Emperor penguin! His name is Pedro! It was a great Ice Birthday!


Mr. Fatty Weddell Seal


Pedro and Me


No comments:

Post a Comment